The staple food in India and many other Asian countries is Rice.Rice is considered the staple food in many parts of India. But not many Indians know that Rice is also considered the top main reason for diseases like Hypertension, erratic heart patterns, Diabetes which is rampant in the Urban cities.
These diseases grow, and the easy availability of Fried, adds over cooked and Junk food served in many Malls, Food courts, and other roadside restaurants and canteens o adds concern to this growing Problem.
With many harmful things found in this packaged market , from the findings of FDA , packaged foods are contaminated with Potassium Bromide , MSG , and other harmful chemical products and the entities should be dealt with sternly.
Even Rice , the staple food of many states in India is bad for health. According to the researchers , the polished Rice which is sold for some obscenely high amount in many of the local Kirana stores and Super Markets are bad for your health.
White rice and its harmful effects:
- According to a Delhi based weight management expert, Dr. Gargi Sharma, ” white rice undergoes process of polishing, the aleurone layer gets removed leading to loss of nutrients. This layer is rich in B vitamins, other nutrients and essential fats.”
- White rice is primarily starch. Due to processing, it falls short on some essential nutrients like thiamine, also known as B1 as well other B Vitamins. Consuming un-enriched white rice can lead to a condition called beriberi, which occurs due to thiamine deficiency.
- According to Dr. Ritika Samaddar, Max Healthcare Saket, New Delhi, “The milling and polishing destroys 67% of the vitamin B3, 80% of the vitamin B1, 90% of the vitamin B6, half of the manganese, half of the phosphorus, 60% of the iron, all of the dietary fibre as well the essential fatty acids present in the raw variety.”
As alarming as these facts may seem, doing away with white rice completely may be a tough choice for most people. This is where healthier alternatives like colored rice step in.
The healthier alternatives: Red Rice:
Red rice has similar nutritional profiles including harvesting process. These are either un-hulled or partially hulled types of rice, which means you get to chew on the bran and germ that are known to have various beneficial properties. Red rice is easily available across the globe whereas the red one is specifically typical to Himalayan Mountains, southern Tibet, Bhutan, as well as southern India.
Benefits of Red Rice:
- Contains antioxidants to counteract free radical red/brown rice is a great source of iron or manganese. Mangan, who was simply instrumental in producing energy for the body is a vital element of the enzyme and is also an anti-oxidant that may safeguard the body from free-radicals which are formed once the energy produced. Additionally, red/brown rice is full of zinc, a mineral that can help accelerate wound healing and maintain the body’s defense mechanisms to function effectively. Just like iron or manganese, zinc is additionally full of antioxidants that safeguard the body from free-radicals that may damage tissues and cells within the body.
- Containing Vitamin B6By consuming only one serving of red/brown rice can meet 23 percent of vitamin B6, the quantity required for the functioning of the organ. This particular vitamin is required to help balance the development of serotonin, red blood cells helping the creation of DNA cells.
- Can Lower High CholesterolIn 1970, human studies reported red rice’s effect on reducing the blood levels of total cholesterol. The active component in red rice is monacolin K. It’s just like lovastatin within the prescription drug cholesterol-lowering drug, Mevacor. In accordance with EMedtv, the United States Food and Drug Administration has ruled that simply because lovastatin is really a prescription drug, any red yeast rice supplement with a substantial dosage of lovastatin is surely an unapproved drug and not a dietary supplement. Do not take red rice in case you have liver disease, are pregnant, or are younger than 18. Side effects consist of gas, heartburn, and dizziness.
- Can Help Prevent Heart DiseaseHigher amounts of low-density lipoprotein or LDL in the blood cause plaque build-up in the walls of the arteries. This particular narrows the size of the arteries and could block the coronary artery, causing a heart attack. Reducing LDL cholesterol levels reduces the chance of heart disease. A 2009 study carried out by David Becker and Ram Gordon, cardiologists at Chestnut Hill Hospital reported that LDL cholesterol levels reduced more in patients receiving red yeast rice compared to patients getting a placebo.
- Can Lower Blood GlucoseUncontrolled blood glucose levels in diabetics can ruin the eyes, kidneys and also the coronary heart. Controlling blood sugar levels reduces these dangers. In an animal research carried out at the Department of Food Science at the National Pingtung University of Science and Technology, Hon-Qi–a form of red yeast rice–was administered to induced diabetic rats and also to rats with normal blood glucose levels. This was a try to create a new replacement for dealing with diabetes. The results claim that oral administration of Hon-Qi may reduce blood glucose in diabetic rats inadequate insulin.
- It lowers the risk of obesityRed rice will help you decrease the desire to eat and may cause you to feel fuller for the really long time. Moreover, red rice provides energy in your body and helps the digestion. Red rice is completely fat-free. Most likely you know that high-fat consumption boosts the chance of obesity. It’s been shown that individuals who eat red rice on a daily basis, have got a reduce chance of obesity. In case you are attempting to drop a few unwanted pounds, eating red rice could make the method simpler.
- It helps in fighting asthmaSince red rice is a superb source of magnesium, which will help to manage your normal breathing pattern, consuming red rice regularly will assist you to avoid the issue of asthma. This really is among the best advantages of eating red rice. If you suffer from asthma, talk to your doctor and discover whether you can consume red rice or not.
- It’s fortified with powerful antioxidantsRed rice is additionally loaded with effective antioxidants which are extremely therapeutic for the skin. Consuming red rice frequently might help avoid the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the skin. Plus, red rice may help firm and tighten the skin and minimize the damage brought on by UV rays that may result in wrinkles.
- Red rice is good for your bone healthAs we mentioned above, red rice is a superb source of magnesium, that is ideal for your bone health. Magnesium is a crucial nutrient needed to build healthy bones and magnesium deficiency can result in osteoporosis and low bone density later in life. It has been verified that regular consumption of red rice will help avoid and relieve joint problems.
- It’s rich in fiberRed rice is really a whole grain to help you meet your daily fiber requirements. One-quarter cup of red rice consists of about 2 grams of fiber, and it’s 8 percent of your daily fiber requirements. Fiber is renowned for its capability to assist in preventing and alleviate constipation, and enhance bowel function. While white rice is full of carbs, red rice is loaded with fiber. Additionally, it offers energy to your body required for regular body functioning.
Foodkart Offers one of a kind of most, Rice, healthy, tasty alternatives to the polished rice which is increasingly causing many health problems and one of the leading cause of Diabetes in India.
Foodkart Offers the all exclusive Organic Rice, freshly cultivated by the farmers in South and North East of India , packaged and delivered to the Customers. Our exclusive products are now available in Mumbai in retail stores.
We will soon be operating in our own E-Commerce website at http://www.foodkart.asia.
Buy Fresh and Eat Fresh only at Foodkart.